Only one day left! Seriously?!
While I was reading my new year post last year about 2016, it reminded me about this year being the final year I can check the 18-24 years old box. *cries a bucket of blood* And the worst thing being, I did not even fill any forms this year which allow me to check that box for the last time!!! OH.MY.GOD *panic attack*
Okay, okay. Calm down. Let’s see. Did I fill in any surveys this year? No. (at this point regretting the pretending-to-look-at-watch-and-frown while hassling pass by random people asking for a 5 min of my time for a survey to save the tree or something.) Wait, what about anything at work? No (why would they have those boxes anymore when obviously they will not have anyone below 24). Hmmmmmm… Any membership application this year…? Think…. Thinking…..
N O O O O O O O O O O!!!
I need to go some place where I can check that box. For the last time. (mental note: find people who are doing surveys pronto!)
Okay, now that we have set the priorities straight (mine obviously is to ambush some random person carrying out surveys); Let’s review how we did for 2016:
1. I have managed to post up 39 blogpost this year (10 drafts; so technically I wrote 49 posts. Really scrapping the barrel here). Could have done better, I agree but 39 between the crazy year I had, I am actually quite grateful. Thanks for your endless support reading my rant here guys, really appreciate it. 😉
2. Oh, I went to Japan for the first time! I was only in Tokyo not the entire Japan but I fell super in love with the place. Will be back there for sure. please Encik Ringgit, be kind to all of us potential travelers this coming 2017. Thanks.
3. My best friend got married and pregnant! How awesome is that?! 2 blessings in one year! 😉
4. Took my brothers to Legoland for the first time. They were very excited and I must say, it was not a bad experience (despite the super aching feet). Mama went on her first roller coaster ride too! She didn’t enjoy it as much as we did but it was an experience nonetheless. She said it was a test for her heart and she’s very grateful she did not have a heart attack.
5. The Inspiring Orchid Conference! How can I forget. One of the proudest moment this year for me was to see women come together to support one another and learn how do we best push ourselves to be the best that we can in anything that we do. Aaahhh, can’t wait for the next one! Stay tuned!
6. I went to the palace for the first time too! We had an awesome private tour and it was just beautiful. Got me thinking about the amount of money being spent on maintaining the flagpoles and such but it was a cool experience nonetheless.
7. Made some progress for my fintech startup. Finding my team was definitely one of the defining moment for us and I am so happy to have met them. We feel that the progress is still somewhat slow and we sure look forward to accelerate in 2017 so wish us luck!
8. Marked one year of working with Nomura AM! We had such a ride this year. So many events and new things. I sure learnt a lot and am always very grateful for the opportunities that was given to me this year. Look forward to a bigger 2017 with them! InsyaAllah 🙂
9. Fitness wise – *clears throat* *cough* *sweaty palms* …………. I jogged a couple of times. And went for swimming for a bit. Taekwondo on Saturdays. So okay la kan?
All in all, it has been a great year. I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for me. I wish all of you a bigger and better year ahead insyaAllah. It will not be perfect but it will be a ride worth taking.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!