I am not used to angkat-ing my bakul. *my sister is rolling her eyes next to me*
If the challenge was to list down the things I DON’T like about myself, I’d be writing the 759 page of my book of hate. I think we are so used to focus on our shortcomings or short-leggedness (that’s on page 1 in my previously mentioned book) rather than our awesomeness and strengths. What a shame.
So let’s change that, shall we? Here’re the 25 things that I love about me:
1. I’m passionate about a lot of things
2. My lame sense of humor
3. My long, people-think-I’m-a-pianist fingers
4. When I’m stressed, I wish I’m a Rambutan tree
5. I’m not allergic to seafood
6. I’m allergic to dust (Hooray, to no cleaning dusty stuff!)
7. I can’t sit still without doing something
8. My dimples
9. I have a resting B face (it’s like when you see durian you think it will taste horrible because of the thorns and horrible smell but actually it’s soft and smelly on the inside. I don’t like Durian)
10. I can spend hours in bookstores
11. I can spend hours in clothestores
12. I can spend hours in shoestores
Was that cheating? It feels like cheating. Let’s lump stores under one then. So we are still at 10.
11. I enjoy traveling alone
12. I’m a great listener
13. I’m a feminist
14. I bake some kick ass red velvet crinkles! (I think that’s the only reason my brothers let me hug them)
15. My fashion sense
16. I cried watching Transformers (I’m a softie like that)
17. I look older than my age (no, I’m not 31. Try again you.)
18. I can get along with people easily.
19. Emily Blunt looks like me
20. I eat all vegetables
21. I have my dad’s determination and stubbornness
22. I inherited my mum’s kindness and hilarious sense of humor
23. I can sleep anywhere
24. My creativity
25. I love learning
All in all, I am happy with what Allah has given me. I’m nowhere near perfect. I mean if perfection is like Tom Hiddleston, then I’m Gollum. But I’m happy. A happy Gollum.